I accidentally found a new trend that I adore……coffee cup cooking. It is quick, healthy & a great way to make single-serving healthy breakfasts. Plus since you whip it together in the coffee mug, cleanup is really easy. The possibilities are amazing with recipes for muffins, cakes, quiche, brownies, french toast, meatloaf, fruit desserts, banana bread, cookies & many others. Some are simpler than others, but the options are amazing. Check this out: 18 meals in a coffee cup.
I was looking for a high-fiber, lo-carb healthy breakfast muffin that was really simple. Since I’m not a morning person, it has to be simple if I’m making it for breakfast. And then there it was……Muffin in A Minute. It takes 2 minutes to whip together, in the mup, and 1 minute to cook. How can you not love that ??
The base is flaxseed meal which is a lo-carb, hi-fiber whole grain with a great nutty flavor which is very high in Omega 3s & gluten-free. It is tasty & healthy, so worth trying.
I add it in any ‘flour-based’ recipe, including pancakes & waffles as well as smoothies & granola. It is easy to find in most grocery stores usually with the flour, plus it isn’t expensive unless you require organic. Hope you Enjoy !!
Muffin in a Minute (adapted from Atkins forum)
- 1/4 c flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Splenda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp butter (I use Olivio)
- Mix the flax meal, baking powder, sugar substitute and cinnamon in a coffee mug or single-serving soufflé dish.
- Add the egg and butter (or oil). Mix with dry ingredients.
- Microwave 1 minute or more, until firm
- Turn out on a plate & serve with butter, cream cheese or sugar-free maple syrup OPTIONS: Add a few frozen blueberries, raisins or a heaping teaspoon of cocoa
- A Quick, Easy, and Healthy Breakfast Treat! (robinluthi.com)