In the winter, roasted vegetables are so tasty and combinations make them even better. Brussel sprouts are one of my favorites so when I saw a recipe combining grapes and walnuts, I had to try them. If you have any leftover, they are great in a wrap. Warm a tortilla, spread a little cream cheese on it & top with leftover brussel sprouts. It is really yummy.
- 4 cups brussels sprouts (about 12 oz), halved or quartered if large
- 1 lb. red or black seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 450 degrees. On baking sheet, toss brussels sprouts and grapes with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, until caramelized and tender, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Drizzle with 1 teaspoon vinegar and scrape up any caramelized bits with a wooden spoon. Toss in walnuts. Roast another 10 minutes.